Friday, November 18, 2005

My Family Redux

Ah yes...the holidays. Time for family and friends, but in my case, mostly family.

Once again, I must reiterate that I love my family dearly. My youngest sister has recently started reading this blog, and she thinks that it's funny, and I believe dumb sometimes too. I like her sense of humor and her witty comments.

My other sister, the middle one, is a different story. I haven't seen her since the last installment when I commented on my family, and I haven't even spoken to her since then. I miss her a lot. When her and I get along, we have a lot of fun and some good laughs, and she's always good for some sound advice. I may try to call her soon. I know I should, but long distance is expensive, especially for someone who is probably going to be getting his phone cut off for a short time due to late payment.

My mom doesn't read the blog, much less really understand how to operate a computer. Not that she's stupid, it's just not her thing. Her and I are doing better now that we've decided to stop talking about money with one another, which suits me just fine.

My stepdad and I are closer than we ever have been, because we now have a sort of understanding with one another. I really like him much, much better than I ever have, and I know he is the right guy for my mom. I hope they remain together for the rest of their lives.

I'm really missing my cousins right now. My aunt and uncle are the only other relatives who live in the same town, and I haven't seen them since maybe last Christmas. I miss my uncle and my aunt, but I don't know how to resolve that because we aren't all very sociable to one another anymore.

I really miss my friends, few that I have. I miss my Jenny, Becky, And Scotty too. I miss my ex girlfriends family as well. They don't and probably will never know the profound effect they had on me, and I love them all like they were my own.

The person I miss the most is my ex girlfriend. She has a way with me that cannot be understood by normal people. Every time I was with her, and would look into her eyes, I would get whisked away to another time and another place, and we would be the only two people that were in the room. It was an amazing experience. I know it always will be. I miss her children too. I don't know one of them, but I really miss the other one. He was my pal, and I miss playing Scooby Doo with him.

If you didn't know it by now, you now know that these people, all of them, are to me, my family. We are all more than related by blood, or just good friends. We are all close in a much different way. I could never turn my back on any of these people, and I expect they would never turn their backs on me.

I'm hoping everyone has a wonderful holiday season, and I want you to know I love you all :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you too, mindtwister. I do understand the part about your ex girlfriend and nothing else existing but the two of you when you were together. I didn't for a long time until I experienced it for myself. It is an amazing feeling and extremely hard to give up. I would like you to know I will be here if you ever need me. Have a great Thanksgiving and good luck with the family thing.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:(

Don't be sad.

Enjoy your holidays and cherish the time you have with people. It passes too quickly.

8:56 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

I thank you both for your comments. I've had a bit of a rough weekend. It hasn't been easy being me this week, and I thank you for your kind words.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home