Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My New Regimen?

I need to excercise. I mean, I really do. I sit around all day long, and hardly ever break a sweat anymore, and I'm starting to feel weak. Not a good thing for a guy.

Problem is, I'm all for working out and building my strength. I get all gung ho about it just thinking about it at work, and then when the time comes to put up or shut up.......nothing.

I'm too damn lazy for my own good, and I think one of the main things is that I lack motivation of any sort to get up and just do it.

I need some motivation, and I think I'll ask you, the loyal readers of this very blog, how you think I should motivate myself to get this started and going.

I think that a lot of this is coming from some others I know are doing the same thing, and I feel I want to improve my outer self too.

So what should I do? How do I get motivated enough to pick up those weights and start lifting like I used to? I am open to suggestions now, as is this blog.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck........I know that you can do anything that you put your mind to. Just becareful and don't over do it.....cause you'll hurt yourself and that's what gets us all anti-exercise. As far as motivation I think that we all should look to eachother for the inspiration and motivation that we need. We all want to be health....or as my son says "helsie" lol

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best in that department. I have found I have a similar affliction when it comes to getting up and getting going. I prefer not to. No I am not lazy by any means, but the thought of torturing my body for 30 minutes a day just doesn't appeal to me. I am in search of motivation myself and yesterday i found it. I was getting ready to get in the shower and I thought I saw a bug run across the floor. I jumped. The sight of me jumping naked was more than enough, I scared myself. It looked like human jello and it wasn't pretty if you know what I mean. So I suggest jumps up and down in front for the mirror naked. it is a rude awakening. Oh and it wasn't a bug, it was one of my dogs chew toys.

12:35 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

I hate being anti-excercise, but overdoing it would be a main cause for that....that and my being so damn lazy.

deineria, you do not look like jello....lol...but you had me cracking up as I read this. It was too funny just thinking about that demented, deranged dog chew toy coming after you....lol!

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think having a buddy to work out with helps. I work out at Hesters or even doing some sporting activity helps.If you wanna join let me. I can get you a day pass and you check it out. For me it the time I take just for me to work out my frustations. What happend to Frisby golf?

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home