Friday, March 10, 2006

Blowing Smoke Up Your Ass

The title of this particular blog deals with one of my favorite phrases. The term sounds painful when you think of it. Why would anyone but a sadistic bastard blow smoke up someone's ass?

Furthermore, what kind of sick person would want smoke up their ass?

Looking into this term, I have found that to blow smoke up somoene's ass is to deceive them with words and compliments. Basically, saying something nice you don't mean.

The term blowing smoke originated from the smoke magicians used to use in their acts to conceal the "magic" part of magic so the audiences wouldn't catch on to the trick.


Yes, I know I am an over analytical mind, but sometimes it can be good and funny :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, does sound rather sick hey?

My particular favourite when I hear my hubby say it is..
"when monkey's fly outta my butt". Ever hear that one?

11:24 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

I have heard of that one....perhaps that'll be the next one I write about :)

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home