Wednesday, March 01, 2006

More Tech Support....AKA....WHAT!?!?!?

You all know I hardly blog about the work I do. However, this one is noteworthy.

I was taking my calls as usual, and I got a call, and from the start, I knew it wasn't gonna be good. The guy I was on the phone with was a Chinese guy, and spoke almost no English. Let me say now that I am not, nor do I approve of racism. We spent 45 minutes on the phone, and the only real information I had from him was his name and phone number pulled up so I could view his account. I knew next to nothing else because we had a severe language wall up between us.

He ended up accidentally hanging up on me, and I was praising everything holy that the call was over....or was it. Normally, we would call the person back, but at this time of night, it would be considered rude, so I didn't call back. I was just happy to be off of the call.

Well, I started talking with some of the other people I work with, and they were getting their calls, so I turned and started surfing the web while waiting for my next call. It came 20 minutes later.

I got the phone number, and account information, and was absolutely taken by surprise when I realized I was talking to Mr. Language Barrier again. Sigh.

After about another 45 minutes, we ended the call because he had bad hardware, and I had tried everything in my power to get him to understand what he needed to do in order to get it fixed. I really don't think he did understand, but by that time, I was finished. I was finished with the call, and finished with it all, so I let him go on.

It was really frustrating trying to talk to him at the time, but now I just laugh, because it's funny now, and I would have been laughing if it hadn't been me to begin with.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your company should consider having translators. I think it was fate that you got the call twice....probably because no one else would have been as patient or tried as hard as you did.

10:10 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

I think that they do have translators for the day shift....lol.

I think I am a patient man, and you are probably right by saying that nobody would have had as much patient as I was :)

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home