Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentine's Day is the Devil

Yep...you read that right. Valentine's Day is the devil.

Are you asking why right now? I know I would be asking why.

Well, I'll tell you all. Valentine's Day in these modern of times makes guys go crazy trying to buy some flowers or candies for the women they love. That's all fine. The reason I call it the devil is because it's only one day a year.

It's the one day a year that a guy actually has to express it, and without a well thought out gift, or any "real" consideration put into it. How many women out there have been disappointed on this day of days, when you wake up and expect your man to romance you, and all you get are wilted flowers and stale candy?

Even the ones who get treated well, and get a good day from this day have been suckered that this is the only day for this kind of thing.....and why?

Why can't every day be Valentine's Day?

Don't the women in the world believe that they should be loved like that daily?

I know the Love of My Life loves to hear it daily. I told her all the time.

I know what some may say next...."If it was going so well, why did it not work out?"

Truth is, and I think she may vouch for me, is that us splitting up had nothing to do with how she felt about me.

So, with that said, I think every day should be the equivalent of Valentine's Day.

Women, learn to let your guy love you. It shouldn't be too much of a stretch for most of you, as most women really do want the romance.

Guys, love your woman....but don't stop there. Tell them...show them....make them know that if you died tomorrow, they would never have the question in their minds if you loved them or not.

Me, I'll go on loving the Love of My Life. She knows it, and she also knows if I don't wake up tomorrow morning, that she would never have to question if I loved her or not. She knows....even after all this time, she knows. And that is what is important to me. And who knows....perhaps one day........one day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol....you are funny. But I agree people shouldn't wait for valentine's day to express love.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with you completely.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are completely right! And that's why I almost encourage my dh to NOT do anything over-the-top on this particular day because it's a retail trap, and I can wait until tomorrow for gifts, but thankfully saying "I love you" is still free. :D

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home