Thursday, February 09, 2006

Pet Peeves, Part One

I really don't like to rant, but sometimes I just can't help it. Tonight is one of those nights.

Everyone who reads this blog knows I don't complain too much about work. I think that most customers are uneducated about how their computers work, and so they call me... a guy who knows how they do, and how to fix it.

This is where my rant comes in. Before we even start the troubleshooting, and even before I get their name and phone number, they do the thing that makes me so mad.

They tell me they have service with the place I work.

I start thinking...no shit...I work here and I bet you wouldn't be calling me unless you were having trouble with the service this company provides.

I know it's something extremely small, but it really annoys me to no end.

Another peeve I have is something that has been in the news lately, based on controversy in this little burg. It is the use of the phrase "the n word".

I hate this phrase more than I hate the actual word itself. I find it highly annoying that the media use that phrase instead of the term racial slur. I think they know it will create more anger and more animosity than there really is.

I just hate that phrase...very much.

That's enough of pet peeves for now, but sometime in the future there should be a part 2.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so with you......I have too many peeves to even mention!

10:37 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

Me too....I could go on and on, but this blog is somewhat comedic relief to me, and a way to let that special woman know how much I love her...you might know who she is ;)

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home