Monday, January 30, 2006

Taking the Tumble

Everyone who reads this knows I've been on the hunt for a place to live. I am now out of my trailer, and have started moving on from it. I will miss it very much. It was my first taste of freedom and I loved living alone for awhile.

This entry today is not about my trailer, my living conditions, or anything else but my stupidity. As with most of my blog entries....let me explain :)

I went to a friends house to help her clean out her spare bedroom, because she had hurt her knee and couldn't climb stairs. This plays a big part into this tale later on....keep reading.

We're cleaning the bedroom and another friend and myself are carrying items upstairs for my hurt friend. I decide to get "cute" and do something stupid....something I need to stop doing before I end up killing myself.

I decide to try a stunt I used to do back in the days of my youth and fall down the stairs on purpose. I now know it's been far too long since I tried that, and I wish I wouldn't have....lol.

So, we walk upstairs to drop off the current load of stuff from the spare room. Afterwards, we are coming down the stairs, and I decide then to try the trick. I let my sock slip on one of the steps and start tumbling....however, I end up getting myself situated wrong in the tumble, and I get turned the wrong way. What was supposed to happen is that the main part of the fall and landing happen on my butt, but I landed on my knee, and seem to have damaged it.

I swear, the things I do to make people laugh and impress people. Needless to say, it got a laugh, but at what price?

I will let everyone know soon what the doctor says when I go visit him. Of course, I might make something up about my fall, because I can't let him know I did it on purpose.

In the meantime, the knee brace and the vicodins seem to work well :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be more careful.....I know you love to get a laugh but I don't want to see you hurt.

1:10 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

I know you don't, but what can I say....lol. I promise to be more careful the next time I fall down the stairs intentionally.....and I'll be wearing my seatbelt too when I go driving....just for you :)

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tell you those stairs are out to get people. So far it has claimed 3 knees , a back and some ribs. They are out for blood. Watch out! You are an intersting character, who falls down stairs on purpose? Is it worth a chuckle?

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home