Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Time

Everyone has always spoken of the significance of time, and I've always had to listen to someone tell me about it.

You know what I mean...Be on time to work, time waits for no man, etc, etc...

What nobody ever did tell me is that there is more than one kind of time, and it took the woman I love more than myself to help me see that. Allow me to explain in greater detail for those who are behind now.

First, you have normal time. This time goes by normally....a second is a second, a minute is a minute, and so on. Most people experience this time all of the time.

Then you have the kind of time that seems to be more than what it really is. For instance, a few days can seem like a few weeks. I get in this mode a lot, especially when I miss the love of my life.

Then there are times when time seems to stand still....perhaps in the arms of someone you care about, maybe sharing a dance, and looking deeply into the other persons eyes. Suddenly, everyone around you disappears, and it's only the two of you, and for that short moment, time stands still....until something shocks you out of it.

The best though, is where time doesn't exist. I don't know how many people have experienced this, but I am very happy to have been able to. This is where time has no life or meaning. In my case, for example, every time I was with the love of my life, time would first stand still, then stop completely. It would be only her and me in the world and nothing else would matter at all. This kind of time is the best, because you know, you just know that nothing can change or break what you have, or how you feel about the other person. I like this time the best, and I live in this time for the love of my life, hoping one day she'll be back in my arms again, bringing me many more moments of timelessness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home