Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Getting The Point

So you all know I have this girl at the bar that likes me.....a lot. Alice the Goon has got to be one of the most persistent people I know about trying to get with someone she wants, but can't have. I think perhaps a conversation with some discouraging words may help, but I'm still not sure yet.

I've tried to be as indifferent towards her as I can, but she seems to not get the point. I don't feel that way about her. My heart belongs to another. Every time I see her, she keeps asking if we can go out sometime, and she tells me how much she likes me, and generally tries to hang all over me. I act indifferent, but she doesn't get it.

It's a good thing she doesn't have my number, because I could see myself always blowing her off and telling her I was busy so I would not have to talk to her.

More than likely, she probably sees more there than there really is, and I'm not willing to accomodate her in any fashion. She would just be better to get on with her life and stop trying to get with me.

Now, as an added bonus, I know there are some that will say I am acting the same way towards the one I love, but trust me when I say, and leave it at, that this is a completely different scenario. Her and I have been together for a long time, and I've come to know how amazing she is, and how great a person she is, even if others seem to not be able to see it. I have been more than intimate with her, and I can still feel the magic between us, and see it in her eyes whenever I get a chance to see her.

I wonder how many people out there are living the life of Alice the Goon....trying to get with someone that doesn't want them, and not getting the point with the words and actions of the other person. Makes ya wonder....doesn't it? ;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people just can't take a hint....sometimes you've gotta hit them over the head.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BANG BANG BANG on the door... I would say no one is at home there. Good luck with the whole Alice thing.

5:13 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

redneckgirl, no, some people can't take the hint....would you like me to hit them over the head ;)

h2s, no need for good luck with the goon....I don't see her that much at all anymore :)

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home