Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Scents

It really is amazing what a certain smell can do to you. Many people think scent really isn't all that important, but think about a smell you really like. What does that smell do to you?

Does it transport you to another time in your life or make you think about a certain person?

I write about this tonight because I have experienced the scent of my ex tonight while sitting here at work. She has always had this certain scent about her...always good, always perfect.

I was sitting on the phones tonight, and for no reason, her scent just came to me, and I had to stand and look around to see if she was there or not. I'll admit it was a bit disappointing to not see her standing there, but that smell....it drives me wild.

It also reminds me of a funny thing that happened to me quite awhile back.

Her and I had broken up, and it had been awhile since I had seen her or spoken to her. I was at Kroger around 4 in the morning, when I suddenly smelled her near me.

I went looking for her, and I found the source of that desirable scent. She was in the freezer section looking for something among the frozen food. I went up behind her and started squeezing her neck a little and said "hey sexy".

Funny thing is, when she quickly swung around, it wasn't the love of my life. This person was a dead ringer from behind. She looked and smelled just like her, but the face was nowhere near as beautiful as my love.

I naturally turned beet red and started apologizing profusely for my mistaken identity. I really don't know who was more embarassed that day....her or me.

So there you have it. The love of my life has the most intoxicating smell I've ever experienced, and I'll always be left wanting more and more.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean......scent can be very powerful.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really embarrasing! :{

12:15 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

Yeah...it was at the time...but I laugh at it now :)

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog . I have been eaten alive by family for years and it felt good to have people on my side for once .

Lisa :)

11:42 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

No problem at all...I thought it was uncouth the way she made those comments....not classy at all.

Besides, I know what it's like to be the black sheep in a family too ;)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home