Wednesday, December 21, 2005

WTF!?!?

Ok, before anyone reads this, a warning. If you are easily offended about certain topics, or by certain language, move along and skip this one, because I am pissed about what you are about to read, and I plan on sharing.

Now that that is taken care of....

What the fuck is going on with this country and this strong sweeping wave of political correctness?

I can understand some political correctness, but it's getting out of hand, and America is becoming a country full of pussies.

Let me explain.

I was at work the other night, and I was taking a call and helping someone get back online...you know...my job, what I do. At the end of the call, the caller wished me a Merry Christmas, and I said so in turn...you know, a formality. Just because I'm not feeling it in spirit doesn't mean I'm going to ruin it for somoene else.

Well, when I said it, one of the people I work with stood up with this look on his face and asked me not to say that again. He said he was offended because he had heard it and it was against his religion.

What the Fuck is this shit about???

I quickly had to school his ass on the basics. I told him that this holiday has been around a lot longer than his sorry ass ever had been. I told him that he didn't have to believe in it, but not to expect a time honored holiday tradition to change because his ears were to sensitive to ignore it.

Then I said Merry Christmas to him. I think I pissed him off....lol.

I think that the whole political correctness campaign is good overall, but I'm starting to see signs of people abusing it, and it makes me mad because once again, people are trying to censor me in their own ways, and I hate censorship in its entirety.

The holidays are time traditional, and should and will not, in my book, be changed because someone doesn't have the better sense to ignore it when they hear it.

To those people, I suggest that perhaps you cut off your own ears, or maybe stick something very sharp in them so you won't have to be offended by hearing those holiday greetings that have plagued you since birth. Maybe you should do the same for your eyes as well, and you won't have to see the festive holiday decorations that so distract you with their offensive natures of cheer and praise.

While you're at it....cut out your tongue too, that way, I don't have to listen to you bitch about something you don't have the right, nor good reason to change.

Oh, and to all believers and non believers....Happy Holidays to all :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!!!!! You said all that needs to be said my dear.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that one! Happy Holidays to you too!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Foe whats its work thanks for being my Hoiday Hero.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home