Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Wonderful Life?

Those of you who are close to me know that one of my favorite Christmas movies is It's A Wonderful Life.

The thought of seeing the way others lives would have been had you not ever been born is a very interesting thing to me, and I think that every year, I wish I could see just a fraction of what would have been had I not been around to change things.

Point of this is that a person never knows how they affect the world around them, and they never get to really see that. It is my greatest Christmas wish every year to want to see this, because most times, I don't think that I have had any kind of influence on anyone elses lives at all. in other words, even if I was never born, everyone elses lives would be exactly the same as they are now.

I still continue to think that I really haven't had any kind of influence on the lives of others, but I have also been granted a bit of something else this year.

With my current living situation coming to an end, I have seen just how many people really care about me. I have been getting questions about what I'm going to do after I leave where I am, where I will go, and even some offers of places to stay.

I can't see the effect I have on the lives of others, but I have been shown that there are those who care, which is something I was starting to question. While it's not the greatest gift, and certainly not the one I really wanted, it'll do to hold me over until I start to feel uncared about and unloved again.

I want to thank everyone who has voiced their concern for me. I appreciate that you care for me, and that you took the time to at least ask what I was going to do. I appreciate the ones who offered places for me to stay even more.

As of this very moment, I am still unsure about what I'm going to do, and where I'm going to live, but I am seriously considering those offers that were made to me, and those people should know very soon what my decision will be.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have touch peoples' lives more than you know. You are an amazing person that is loyal, loves with your whole heart, and that I admire greatly!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone touches someones life in a way they will never understand. You are a wonderful person with strong convictions, loyal and most of all memorable. We all love you.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah who else would have shown up in the wee hours of hte morning to show me how to make the Cd's huh huh who who? SO there IM sticking my tongue and making a funny face.

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You stood up for me during a very painful time in my life. You're a good person, even if sometimes stubborn about some things. *cough* ;-)

1:46 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

I appreciate you all telling me what I've done or how I've affected your lives. It means a lot to me to have done that, and even more so to know that.

redneckgirl, you mean the world to me, and you know I'll never change that.

hard2stop, I can't help but try to be there for you too, knowing all you've been through this year, and I'm happy that you have accepted me, and allow me to try to help.

beckylyn, I'm not sure who in the world would have showed up at your house in the wee hours of the morning and not be looking for a booty call....except myself. I knew how important is was to you to complete the task you had taken on, and I was happy to help :)

senihehe, how could I not have stood up for you? You've been nothing to me but kind, and even though I know you think I'm stubborn about certain things we've talked about, I know you know why I do what I do. I do appreciate the outlook from the other side though, so thank you for that :)

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home