Friday, August 11, 2006

The Blacklist

I guess in order to inform everyone what the blacklist is, I'll start with the definition.

Dictionary.com defines blacklist as : A list of persons or organizations that have incurred disapproval or suspicion or are to be boycotted or otherwise penalized.

So what this means, at least in terms of the bank, is that I am looked at unfavorably in their eyes. This is because of a balance I've had with the bank that I've never cleared yet.

With this balance, they put my name on the blacklist, which every and all banks look at when considering when you open an account, thereby keeping me from getting an account until I can get the balance cleared.

I don't know how great of a definition or explanation this is, but this is what it consists of :)


By the way, I don't disagree with the tactics of the blacklist, as I do owe them some money, and I plan on actually having them paid soon so they can remove my name from the list. I'm tired of paying $3.00 to a store everytime they cash my paycheck...lol.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explanation and definition, MT.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm,I did not know that!
I wonder if they do that here...

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

surely they are not allowed to use the term "blacklist"?, i would have thought it would have been changed in todays mad world to something like "person on credit restriction" or some other inane title ,,,,,,,,,,,the banks in the uK would get hung if they used the term, the political correct lobby would have them...... we used to have teachers write on "blackboards" but they got changed to chalk boards....

still it must be shit having everyone in the store know your business......... heres hoping you get it sorted soon :-)

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know much about the blacklist but I think there is some kind of account that you can get but you'll have to put a deposit down so in essence you have to pay to have the account.

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow epicureans - I'm sure we're not far behind on that, but it's so funny to see how far people will go to be PC...

6:56 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

rach - not a problem. I was sure everyone knew about this, but I guess I was wrong...lol.

ms.l - I dunno if they do that there, but it is heavily enforced here.

ea - they may not actually use the term blacklist. I don't actually know if there really is a term, but when I said blacklist, he gave me that knowing look...lol. I do plan on having it sorted soon :) Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and comment.

redneckgirl - I could probably get a savings account, but I wouldn't have to pay it back to that bank. Now I would have to pay the collection agency.

courtney - people have taken PC a bit too far in this day and age, and I'll stop at that, as I have ranted heavily about this before....lol!

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home