Friday, August 11, 2006

The Blacklisted Terrorist!

I don't think I look really menacing or threatening. I think I look kinda gentle. However, the bank today didn't seem to think so.

I got a check today and went to the bank it was drawn from. I pull into the drive thru and put my ID and the signed check into the tube and send it up into the bank.

After about 5 minutes, the teller asks me if I have an account there. I tell him no, and he tells me I need to come inside.

I park the truck and go in the bank, and he asks me if I have a second form of ID. I tell him I have my Social Security Card with me, but no...that won't do.

I wasn't aware that you SS Card wasn't a valid form of ID anymore, and let him know as much. I then see that you can use a work ID, and luckily, I have mine in the truck.

I walk out to the truck, get the ID, and once again go into the bank.

Once inside, he takes my thumbprint and cashes the check.

Then he goes into salesman mode, asking me if I would like to open an account.

I say, " I'm on the blacklist." He understands what this means, as I could hear him saying "ooooh", like I'm a bad person or something.

He tells me that I'm more than welcome to open an account once I'm off of the list. I thank him and ask him what the deal was with the high security level today.

His reply?

"Terrorists."

Now, not only have I been snubbed because I'm on the "blacklist", but now I'm a terrorist too?

I left the bank looking for the police, just in case they decided to give chase. Once I saw that none were coming after me, I went and got something to eat for Redneckgirl and myself.

Other than that, my day was pretty uneventful ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a little freaky.
You'll have to explain what the "blacklist" is to this Canadian.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh, MT. That stunk. Actually, while you're at it, I don't know what the blacklist is either.

6:18 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

This will be my next posting though, especially for rach and pavel....what the "blacklist" is :)

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOH - a blacklisted terrorist, are ya? Who knew? LOL

6:55 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

LOL!!! I guess the bank knew! Don't tell anyone though...it'll be our secret ;)

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home