Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My Past

I admit I have a past. I'm not proud of it at all. As a matter of fact, you could say that I have done some things I am downright ashamed of.

That is, until I met the Love of My Life. She refuses to take any kind of credit for helping me change the way I was, but it was because of her that I was able to change to begin with.

I guess I should explain a little.

I had broken up with my girlfriend about a year or so before we met, and I'll admit, at the time, it was devestating. However, the more I think about it, the happier I get, because I know it was what was best for me.

After the breakup, I went through a lot of phases, and many different moods. I was what you could call extremely promiscuous, and had sex with a lot of different people.

Once again, I am not proud of this. I feel that by doing that, I have actually degraded myself, and I regret that time in my life.


Then I met her, and saw how beautiful and fun loving she was, and I wanted that. I wanted that with her.

As the years went on, we bacame better friends, and soon our talks started becoming more and more personal. It was through those more personal talks that I fell in love with her, and she with me.

One day, everything snapped into place in my mind. I was in love with her, and for the first time in my life, I knew beyond a shadow of any doubt what I wanted.

Through these personal talks, she saved me from the darker side of myself that was threatening to take over. Once again, she won't lay claim to it, but she did. She made me feel like I could love again. I knew I didn't have to be the person everyone else saw when I was with her...that I could be who I really am, and she would not judge me adversly because of who I am.


I have so many insecurities and so much inner turmoil that sometimes it makes me do extremely dumb things. I have a fierce paranoia that threatens to take over at any given moment. I have very low self esteem, and many physical flaws as well.

I tell everyone I'm crazy, and what people don't know or understand is that I do believe that I am. People hear it and think I'm joking, but I feel it. In the back of my mind, it creeps up and gnaws at you a little bit, and I hate that feeling.

I hate that feeling more than anything I know.

The thing is, I am not 100% certifiable on any of these issues.

When I am with the Love of My Life, I am the person I like to be, and during that time, I do like me. She makes me feel the way I always wanted to feel. She is the only, and I do mean only person in my whole existence who has taken the time and effort to really get to know the real me.

She knows the struggles I have. She knows the pain I endure. She knows everything about me. She also knows how much I love her, and how much passion we share together. And how wonderful it feels.

I sit here now at work, with tears in my eyes, admitting this to the world because it is time. It is time to start healing, time to try to fix myself, time to let go of all the things I hate about me.

I am shaking because I truly am afraid. I am afraid that if I fail, that if I allow myself to fail, that I will lose the only thing that has meaning in my life.

I am truly happy to have her in my life, and I love her not only because of who she is or what she's done, but also because she's like an angel to me.

I know that romance and all the sweet things I say to and about her in my blog has lost me some readers, and I'm ok with that. I know drama gets more hits here than romance, and I don't care. I know that I love her unconditionally, and I would do anything for that love.

I hope you all had a wonderful day and night. Hopefully I didn't scare anyone too bad with such a serious post, but I needed to say these things.

8 Comments:

Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

You are an amazing and wonderful man....anyone who takes the time to look will see that. We all have issues and they cause problems at times....don't let that get you down. It will be ok.....everything will be ok. Love ya!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

Crap .. I lost my comment. :(

Kay, here we go again.
MT, I think it's great you're giving us another angle into the YOU we come here to read about. Blogs can become so onesided, and that's fine if that's what the readers are returning for, but I'm always up for a lovestory, and it's been wonderful watching that slowly unfold since I've become one of your readers.
I think it's very sweet, and I wish you both the best of luck AND love!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

Oops sorry, that post above was me. Not sure what happened there.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I'm crazy too!
No really,I am.
When I was 25 I decided I may as well embrace my craziness because it made me,me and I rarely give it a second thought now.Funny,I'm not nearly as bothered by it as before.. I just live my best life.
Exactly the way you are living your life now. The past is the past. Don't beat yourself up for it.
Good or bad it makes you who you are.
It's what you do with it that matters,you are loved by the people that matter and are a good person so you win!

I really appreciate your candor and how you open your heart up to your readers.
You can't lose me:)

3:38 PM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

Dude, I'm so glad you found such a wonderful person in your life.
I've only known you for a short time but I appreciate your honesty (it shows!) and you seem to always have a nice word for people. I hope things work out for you...

12:08 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

redneckgirl - thank you for telling me this. I keep saying that you make me amazing, and I love you with all my heart and soul :)

rach - thanks for the best wishes. I know some people don't really like the whole love story aspect, but I can't hide that from the world. I am glad there are people out there who appreciate it.

chrissie - love is most definitely a wonderful thing :)

ms.l - Thanks for the positive comments. I think that I have learned to accept and appreciate some of my insanity. I'm glad you like it as well, and that you enjoy my blog as much as you do :)

pavel - Thanks for that. I am glad to have met you, and I enjoy your blog too. I could only hope that others would be able to find a person as wonderful as she is.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Orlando said...

Who cares if you lost some readers. If you lose them for simply being honest, you didn't need them reading what kind of person you are. "real" people appreciate honesty and will continue to come here to see how you are doing. I know I will.

2:31 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

orlando - I know what you mean. It really doesn't bother me that I lost some readers at all. It makes me more appreciative of the ones who stayed to get to know who I am, and to learn more about me in general. I can't help that I am a big sap when it comes to one person, and that I feel the way I feel. I really enjoy posting about her, and telling her all the time how much she means to me. I think it's important that she knows every day, but I know and have spoken with those who don't like it, mainly because of the jealousy factor. I appreciate you coming here and commenting and sharing your thoughts with me :)

I'm definitely going to visit your blog when I have the opportunity later tonight. Thanks again for coming by!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home