Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Last Day of My Life

For some reason, my morbid mind has wandered to the realm of the dead tonight, and I have a blog topic for the evening.

What happens if you were to die tomorrow, and you had a chance to say one thing to everyone you loved. I got to thinking about that, and I compiled a list and combined it, so here it is for you guys. My last words were I to die tomorrow.


Love of My Life, I love you with everything I have, and even in death that won't change. I have always told you I would walk to the heavens or through the fires of hell for you, and I meant it. I don't think anyone else in the entire world would do for you what I am willing to do. I Love you.You can always look to the heavens, or down below, and know I'll be thinking of you, and even still needing you. Mom, I'm sorry I wasn't a better son to you. I could have done better, but for reasons unknown to me, I didn't do better. I only hope that you can look back on me and smile at the good things I did manage to do, and be proud of the strong will you instilled in me. Steve, thanks for being the closest thing to a father I ever had. I know we didn't always get along, but that's the nature of men. No two Alpha Males in the same place. To my sisters, I'm sorry I wasn't a better brother to you. I know I wasn't exactly the role model you may have expected, and the issues within myself are no excuse for not being the way I should have been. I hope you both can also remember the good in me, and all the things I did do once I realized I could be better. To my nephews, I wish I could be there to see you grow up. I know I haven't been a good uncle at all. To the small amount of friends who remained true after everything we have all been through, I thank you and I know in my heart that you'll remember me with a great fondness. To everyone listed above, I love you all, and I will miss you dearly.


I have to admit, in writing this, I had to stop a few times, as I was starting to get tears in my eyes and was on the verge of letting the tears flow. I apologize that this blog topic is so morbid, but I do want the ones I care for the most in my life to know how I feel about them, and I think that's why I sometimes dwell on the death aspect...a chance to say one last thing to those I love.

Bless you all, and thanks for reading.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I surely hope today is not your last day......but I do understand wanting to make sure those you love know the way you feel about them. However I think you are way to hard on yourself. I think that your family loves you and think that you are a wonderful, son, brother, uncle....etc. You know how that I think you are amazing and wonderful.....and have always been there for me and for all of your true friends.

12:01 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

I thank you for that. I just have trouble seeing myself in that light, but one thing I do know is that I will always continue to be here for you and I will do everything I can to be even more amazing to you and wonderful to you.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great for you to take the time to tell others how you feel as no one knows what tomorrow will hold. I believe life continues after death, and that's what will really count. Too many people get wrapped up in the secular world.

8:15 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

I agree. I think if more people would take this stance that there would be a lot more love in the world, and much better communication between us all.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home