Sunday, October 30, 2005

My Night Part 2

So I'm in the truck, and I stop at McD's, and I pull through the line, and they tell me they aren't serving because their system is down. Luckily, I know the area well, and I know that maybe a little over 2 miles up the road is another that's always open, so I go there.

I pull in the drive thru line, and I was the sixth car in the line. I'll go now to say that I don't know what the hell they were doing inside, but working with a quickness wasn't it.

I literally waited in the line at McD's for 30 minutes after I placed my order. During lunch or something, I may be able to understand this, but not at 4 in the morning. So I sit and wait, because the calling of the soda is strong, and I really want one, and anyone who knows sodology knows that theres something very special about a McD's soda.

What I actually had ordered was 2 things. I ordered a large soda, and a sausage McGriddle. Not something hard to comprehend in my book, but alas, they weren't reading from my book.

I get to the window, finally, and it took the cashier 5 minutes just to open it to take my money. I handed her the money and she took it with much attitude. I figure she was having a bad night, but thats no excuse to bring it to work.

She hands me my soda, and my food, and I thank her, as I do to all who wait on me. This produced a look of confusion in her eyes, and I knew she didn't comprehend the meaning of the words thank you. No big deal this time though, although that is a serious peeve of mine. I hate ungrateful cashiers, but thats a post for another time.

I drive away from the winndow, and like every fast food customer who's on the go, I start digging into the bag while I'm driving. The first thing I feel is a hash Brown, and I start thinking that maybe they put it in because everything took so long. I took the hash brown out and ate it. Then I reach into the bag to get the second reason I even go to McD's. However, I did not feel the familiar texture that a sausage McGriddle has....it felt more like a biscuit.

I take it out and sure enough, it was a sausage biscuit. I piss and moan to myself for about 30 seconds, then I think what the hell, I'll eat it anyway. So I did.

I guess I should be appreciative that she even got the sausage part right.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't mad. After the time I had at the bar for the hour I was there, I won't be able to get mad until well into next week. However, I was a bit annoyed that my order wasn't right, especially after all the waiting.

The food was a hell of a lot better than the service, and it kind of resembled what I had ordered....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home