Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Arrogance vs. Ignorance

I learned a good lesson today. To be arrogant, in most cases, is the same as being ignorant.

I was speaking to someone today, and we were discussing arrogance and why it is sometimes the same as ignorant. If a person can sit and say that something of theirs is better, for whatever reason, than I would consider that person to be arrogant. Their ignorance depends on the validity of the comment they made. Say if I have a car, and I say mine is better because it is newer, then my ignorance is plainly showing because I have no basis for comparison. It's not like I've had a chance to drive the other car for an extended period of time, and get a feel for it. I only know how my car feels, and how much I like it, and "how" much I like it defines my loyalty to it.

Now I know to think about some things I say, especially if it would make me look arrogant, so as not to show my ignorance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand arrogance......but a really good blog starter would be Arrogance vs. Confidence.....some people don't know where that fine line is and they cross it daily. I love a confident man but not a man who is arrogant or cocky.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home