Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Bloody Hell!

As you all know, I have been sick for awhile.

I had some really funky virus or something, and it's still trying to take over....definitely a very aggressive fucker!

It all started Wednesday night when I was working. I started to feel those body aches always assocoated with the flu, and my balance became messed up a little. Then I started to get really hot, and my body went into that state of mind where you know you're sick, and nothing else matters.

I went home early and was about to rest when I got really hungry. I ended up gorging myself. I ate soo much that night it wasn't even funny. I was probably eating constantly for over 2 hours. Sandwiches, chips and dip, more sandwiches, candy, and more chips.

Finally, I was able to go to sleep.

Thursday morning I wake up and immediately wish I didn't. I could feel the aches in me, my head hurt, and fever had broken out. This was not gonna be good. I laid around the house most of the day and called into work for that. I went to the pizza place where redneckgirl works and she made me some potato soup and a half a loaf of garlic bread. That was actually the best part of Thursday. I went home and tried to sleep, but couldn't. redneckgirl came by after she finished working and she had lots of drugs for me. She got me Ibuprofen, Theraflu daytime tablets, Cold-eeze zinc drops, and her tired, yet smiling face.

She got me set up with the drugs and had me lay down. I think she was worried about my fever, and she wanted to get it down, so she stayed with me for awhile. She put a cold, wet rag on my forehead and did my dishes while I protested.

I was lying on the couch, trying to find the energy to move, but yelling to her not to do the dishes. She told me that I was in no state to be able to argue, and she was right.

I was able to finally get up, and I stumbled into the kitchen and immediately got the daggers from her eyes. "I thought I told you to stay lying down", she said.

I told her I didn't want her to do the dishes, and she made note of the fact that I could barely stand. I started to feel queasy so I started stumbling toward the bathroom.

I got in there and just sat on the edge of the tub, staring at the toilet, not wanting to get sick, but just knowing it was gonna happen.

She then came in again and told me that she thought I should go to the emergency room, and as usual, my stubborn ass says no.

She then tells me that she needs to find a way to lower my temperature, so she gives me a sponge bath.

I have to say that I always thought of sponge baths being a lot more erotic, and probably warm too, but not this one. The water felt like ice needles on my skin, and I'm sure I was whining like a little bitch the whole time.

Then, she tucked me into bed and laid down with me for a few minutes, comforting me and telling me how much she loves me. Then she went home.

Friday morning I woke up and was feeling much better. I thought I might actually make it into work, but I was wrong again. Before I had to go in, fever broke again and I was back where I was the night before, only this time, redneckgirl wasn't there. She had gone out with hard2stop and I was laying around. Around about 1am, I decided to go to the emergency room, because enough had certainly been enough, but on the way there, I had gotten a message from redneckgirl that asked me to pick her and hard2stop up from the redneck bar because they had had a few and didn't wanna drive.

I changed course and went to pick them up, then dropped hard2stop off at home, and redneckgirl and I went back to my house and went to bed.

Saturday morning, I felt something different. It was a weird feeling that came directly after this hard and hacking cough I had developed in the night. It kinda felt like something was moving in my chest right beneath the skin. It's a very creepy feeling.

Redneckgirl and I got up and took her grandmother out to eat, then we went to the flea market at our local fairgrounds to look at stuff. After that I had to rush her back home so she could get ready for work.

After she got home, we went to see a movie in the theaters. It was an ok movie. we then went to steak and Shake and got some 5 way chili's to go. we took them back to my place and ate them. I was still feeling the effects of the hacking cough which had now turned into a wheezing cough, and most of the other symptoms were gone. We talked for awhile after eating, and then we went to bed.

Sunday morning came and we just laid around most of the day, enjoying each others company, and painfully plotting against the wheezy cough. Then she had to go pick up her children and she went home.

monday I caleld the doctor and they got me in in no time. They gave me 3 prescriptions and told me not to go in to work. So I didn't. I got those filled and waited around until they were ready, then went to see redneckgirl.

There are plenty more details but I think I've done enough typing today. I'm glad to be back on the road to good health now.

I wanna give a big thank you to everyone who wished me better soon. I also wanna say too bad to those who wish that I would have gotten worse....lmao!

It's good to be back at work now, and better to be back to the blog. I'm off for a dose of my meds to help fight this alien thing in my chest!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Aliens in your chest? YUCK! That sounds nasty!! :P I'm glad that you are feeling better but I do wish you had gone to the doctor sooner. You could have ended up with pneumonia and that would have really sucked!!

Take care of yourself and if RG wants to take care of you while you're sick, LET HER. It's our right and we fuss at you, but we like being needed.

HUGS!! and glad you're on the mend!!

1:10 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

ewwwwww. Im glad your better now. RNG needs a Bermuda getaway now......you better start saving your dough mister.

2:20 PM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

Oh! We're sick too, but it's fever, chills, sore throat, dry cough and rash now.



3rd set of antibiotics and still sick. sigh....

Glad you are on the mend. Glad RNG is there to baby you. You know you need it! Don't fight her! She'll only get stubborn on you! LOL

Mend soon! D :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Gosh,I'm surprised you're still alive,lol,that sounded BAD!
I'm so glad you had somebody to take care of you though,get better!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

Well, it sounds like you had top of the line care! She really cares about you, you're lucky.

I hope daily you are improving.

I have another week and 1/2 of antibiotics. I am gonna try to go back to work tomorrow. But for me it;s been head explosions, lymph nodes swollen, ears blocked and SORE as hell throat. Did I mention the fever, chills and night sweats?

10:09 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Bless your heart, that stuff is absolutely MISERABLE-- I hope you're on the way to recovery *hugs*

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home