Monday, January 29, 2007

Requiem For A Blog

As you all know, redneckgirl posted her last post today. I can't really go into details as to why, but I will go as far to say that even though I don't really agree with it, I am standing by her and supporting her decision to stop the blogging.

I guess the reason I am against it like I am is that she had put so much of herself into it, got to vent her frustrations about me, her own issues, her relationship with her ex, and so much more.

In the process, you all came to know the woman I know in some semblance. You have been able to watch her and her wonderful children develop over the short time that she has done this.

You've been able to see her brag on her children, and laugh at the things they say, as well as watch the relationship that she has with me blossom into something much more.

You've been able to see what a wonderful person and mother she is, and how beautiful she is as well. You've been able to laugh with her, and worry with her, and sometimes cry with her.

Regardless of how much time goes by, her readers will always remain in her heart and on her mind. You have all shown her, and myself that there are great people out there who want nothing more than a friendship and some great conversation. I know I have been converted from the way I used to think, and it's mostly due to her.

I know her reasons, explicitly. I understand the reasons why she feels she has to do this. Believe me when I tell you she doesn't want to stop blogging, but "feels" as though it is the thing to do right now.

I know that even though it's been a brief time in the blogging community, that redneckgirl has touched your lives and your hearts.

A lot of what has been said here was already said on her blog. After actually talking to her and seeing her today, I felt compelled to post this as a sign of love to her, and as a moment of retrospect to her blog.

It's a shame to see such a lovely and wonderful and caring person silenced as she has been for now.

we can all hope and pray that she decides to start blogging again, sooner than later.

The video here kind of reminds me of how she is with every aspect of her life. It doesn't matter if it's trying to keep me on the straight and narrow, or teaching the values of life to her children. It describes how we should all be in our lives, or at least try to be.

These are Just My Thoughts.






Just remember redneckgirl, you "can" choose to start this again anytime you want. we don't want you to stay away for good. I Love You.

7 Comments:

Blogger Meow Meow said...

These were beautiful words. I hope she has read them....

So when are you going to propose???
I just get that perhaps you have a warm and fuzzy feel for her....

2:19 AM  
Blogger Oral said...

She has to *feel* your admiration and love from this post.

Go over and {{{hug}}} her.

2:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you MT. Brandy is a very special woman and I am so grateful that she allowed me the chance to get to know her. I'll always be your friend. Thank you for your tribute.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I know you didn't mean to, but you totally made me cry. I was so sad when I went by her blog and saw that she wasn't going to be posting anymore. Your beautiful words about her are all so true and it just made me miss her even more.

Please, give her a hug from me and let her know that she touched my life and I am forever grateful for that.

6:34 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

rebecca - thank you. She has read them, and I know she feels bad about shutting the blog down. I'm hoping that she'll start posting again sooner than later.

As far as proposing goes, in a way, you could say I already have. She and I have such a history together, and I have always felt those warm and fuzzy feelings towards her. I got her a promise ring for Christmas and made that promise to her that when the time is right, I will officially do it. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she's the one for me, and I will always keep her happy :)

oral - I think she did. This post was a very emotional one for her readers, and mine as well because it feels so final. I have been hugging her quite a bit since this all happened.

brian - You're welcome. I am your friend as well, and you can stop by here anytime :)

pinky - I know what you mean. When motivated, I have the ability to stir just about any emotion in someone I want them to feel. I think that the blogging community has taken a deep loss over this, and so has she. I get to see her every day, and I miss coming and reading her thoughts. I will hug her for you and tell her once more how she has touched the lives of so many. as usual, she'll blush and deny that, but we all know it's true :)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

What a precious, and heartfelt post-- so very, very true. She is definitely going to be missed, and I can only hope she'll change her mind. *Hugs*

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post about a sad topic. And look at all the nice comments about her. She is adored by many!

*missing her too*

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home