Tuesday, December 12, 2006

It's Time...

It is now time for me to do something about my teeth. They have finally gotten to a point that I can't stand it anymore, and I'm going to have the work done.

As you all know from a previous post, I have very bad teeth. Some of it is from accidents, bad dental work, being kicked in the face, and general apathy sometimes.

I went to the dentist on Friday, and we spent 4 hours going over my options as far as what I can do, and the long term effects of each option.

I have decided that instead of getting them all pulled and getting a plate, I am going to try to save what I can, and work started on Friday.

I went in and he pulled on of my major problem teeth.

I am currently writing this while on hydrocodone ;)

If anyone has read the last post about this, you'll know that I don't smile big because I am ashamed of what the inside of my mouth looks like. I hated showing anyone that, and as compensation to that, I learned to hide it. People could talk to me face to face and not know I was missing so many, or that it was so bad, and especially of how much it hurt....and let me tell you....it "always" hurts.

My dentist has quoted me at $13,000 to completely overhaul my mouth. My insiurance is going to pay for a small portion of that, but nowhere near enough.

I am going to keep you all up to date on what's happening and how it all goes.

My next 2 appointments are on December 28th and 29th.

On the 28th, I get to have 2 root canals back to back, and on the 29th, I get 3 more teeth extracted.

Needless to say, I think I'm gonna be in a lot of pain come New Years Eve, but I'll be celebrating with redneckgirl, so it won't be bad at all :)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! Good luck.

You will not be sorry..really. It will worth all the pain and the fortune your about to spend.

A person's smile is important.

Ive had a lot of dental and orthodontic/maxillofacial surgery done after I was in a bad car accident and sustained a broken lower jaw, several chipped teeth.

OUCH! just keep the hydrocodone coming :)

take it like man (wink)

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! Good luck.

You will not be sorry..really. It will worth all the pain and the fortune your about to spend.

A person's smile is important.

Ive had a lot of dental and orthodontic/maxillofacial surgery done after I was in a bad car accident and sustained a broken lower jaw, several chipped teeth.

OUCH! just keep the hydrocodone coming :)

take it like man (wink)

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, it posted my comment twice. Stupid blogger wont let me sign in either-grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

this is Barn Goddess by the way....

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for getting started on all of this! It sounds duanting I'm sure but it'll be over before you know it and I'm sure you'll be thrilled to bits with the end results.
I wish you ZERO pain and you owe us a BIG CHEESEY GRIN when it's all done,lol
Lael aka Ms.L

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey MT,

Good luck with the teeth. My wife has similar issues.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with BG, keep the drugs flowing! I have bad teeth as well, but all of mine are in the back, so it doesn't "appear" to be so bad. The docs figured out it was some inherited crap because my dad had to have all his back teeth removed, too. I've had 3 taken out in one day and that SUCKED!! I have more work that needs to be done, but the funds just aren't there.

Hang in there and even though it hurts like a mutha right now, you'll be so happy when it's done! HUGS!

Pinky!

9:37 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

barngoddess - I know that it will be worth it in the end, but it is rather painful ;) LOL at the take it like a man comment...hehe!

Ms.L - I wish me zero pain too, but that one is kinda shot....lol. I will definitely give you all a biiiig cheesy smile when I get them finished though :)

brian - thanks for the luck...I'm gonna need it!

pinky - thanks for that :) I will hang in there and fight it. I don't know if you guys know this or not, but some of the teeth I'm missing are from redneckgirl....lol! Two front ones as a matter of fact. Now she only claims one, but I say 2 because when I started partying that night, I had em all, but after she kicked me and I woke up, there were 2 missing :) I have to go on the 28th and get 2 root canals back to back, then again on the 29th to get 3 more pulled...ouch!

1:16 AM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

Hi! I'm Brian's wife, Diane. I'm here through him & RNG.

Have read with a smile about you two finally discovering one another. That is so wonderful! Congrats! What a Christmas gift!

As for the teeth, I have a very ugly smile. I haven't smiled since 8th grade. That's when the name calling began.

My first quote on my teeth was $22,000! I sould buy a car for that! I realized that this dentist was only interested in my wallet.

I have a new dentist, who I will meet with in January, he will plan out 5 or 6 options for me, within reason. I hope to someday be confident enough to smile again.

Very much luck to you, and little discomfort to you!

D :)

10:59 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

Welcome to the blog! Very nice to meet you :)

I am loving the journey and I've known forever how wonderful redneckgirl is.

I'm sorry that people called you names. They tried that with me, but I just started beating people up and it pretty much stopped....not that you should beat anyone up!

Mine was $13,000, but he presented me with options...3 to be exact, and I went with the mid priced one that saved what it could on my teeth as far as keeping them, and a lot of work on the rest.

I know it'll happen. All it takes is a little work, and a lot of money ;)

Good luck to you on your new dentist. I hope you find one that makes you feel like mine makes me feel.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home