Saturday, November 18, 2006

Raccoon!!!!!

Yesterday I was at work, and I went on break and called redneckgirl, as I normally do.

I'm outside walking around the parking lot, talking to her, and suddenly something catches my eye, but I don't look up.

I assume it's a cat or a dog because it's so close to me, and when I do look, I realize that it's a raccoon!

I then try to coax the coon over to me (I know they are filthy and carry rabies, but they are cute).

It runs under someones van, and when it thinks I'm gone, it comes out and goes to one of our trash cans and starts trying to knock it over with its 2 front paws.

I'm standing maybe 5 feet away at this time, so I start trying to call it again, because I wanna pet it.

It sees me again, and takes off through the parking lot, around and under various cars with me in tow all the way.

Finally, my newfound friend crawls into the sewer, a place he surely knows I can't follow.

This is the closest I've ever been to a raccoon before, and especially in the kind of surrounding I was in at work.

It was funny and strange, and now every time I go out to the parking lot, I always am on the lookout for him.

8 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Im going to load up Uncle D's hound.

Lets go coon hunting!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Courtney O. said...

Aww - you're right they are cute! My husband's grandma actually bottle fed three baby raccoons and kept them until they were old enough to take care of themselves. They were adorable - actually followed her around and came to her when she called them. I know she was sad to let them go...

9:05 AM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Awww!
I lurve raccoons!
I've yet to see one here though and I miss them.
When I lived in Maple Ridge they used to come and talk to me,under my bedroom window.
I'm glad you've got a new friend:)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I know they're grossy-morosey, but dammit, they are just so cute! There was one right outside my hubby's door before we got married. He was eating the cat food they left out and he was so darling!! I really, really, really wanted to pet him. really.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

Yours sounds cute, but any I've seen .. well I just couldn't pet them. Ick! Our back yard butts up agains a creek and duck marsh and we have racoons come up near the house more so in the winter when they're hungry. We feed our cat out back so they're after the cat food. One day I was sitting at the computer which is right by the livingroom window, and looked out to see a racoon staring back at me. ACK!

11:07 AM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

You are so Funny! Stay away from the disease carrying raccoons....no matter how cute they are...lol!

10:51 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

barngoddess - LOL! I know a few people like that.

courtney - It was very cute :)

ms.l - I'll tell him you said hello :P

pinky - I feel the same. I wanted to pet him, and when my common sense failed to kick in, redneckgirl reminded me that they spread rabies like mad.

rach - I'm laughing out loud at the thought of a peeping tom raccoon :)

redneckgirl - lol...once again your wisdom saves me from mutilation or horrifying disease ;)

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh but they are SO cute! They couldn't possibly carry germs! No way. *arms crossed* ;)

I don't know what I would do if I saw one, probably exactly what you did. :)

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home