Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Brokedown Truck

Yes, you heard me correctly. My truck has been out of commision since last Thursday.

I was driving to work and it just up and died on me. I didn't know what else to do but to push it to the side of the expressway, and to call the lovely redneckgirl for an assist.

She has been kind enough to be taking me to and from work this week, so I can still have a job :)

I had the truck towed today, and the mechanic called and told me that the fuel pump had gone bad, and then proceeded to tell me the cost of replacing it.....$663.00. I was shocked, but what can I do. I told him to go ahead and fix it, and that if it was done by Friday, I would pick it up.

Ah, the joys of almost owning your own vehicle, which, by the way, I have 7 payments left on :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

Oh that does suck! But like you said .. it's the joys of owning your own vehicle and maintenance and repairs are part of it all.

I'm fortunate my dh knows a little about the things under the hood so he can do some of that himself, in turn saving us some of the big moolah mechanics charge. Oy!

10:00 AM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Mutha luvin' truck.....lol

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home