Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I Got Tagged!

By Pinky and I have to produce a list of 8 things/habits/facts about me.

I usually don't do these things, but since you all tagged so nicely.... ;)


1. I am an anal person. I like order to things I do and try to keep as organized as I can...to the point of being anal retentive about it.

2. I am not a good person. I was never really one to care about what happened to anyone but myself. Luckily, someone special stepped into my life and has shown me how to care about things. I know she comments on most of your blogs, so you know her too :)

3. I love nature. Walking in the woods brings out a peace in me that rarely anything else does. There's nothing like it in the world.

4. I like butterflies. I would seriously hurt another human being than to hurt a butterfly. They are the most beautiful of mother natures insects.

5. I am a fighter, and a rebel. Growing up the way I did, I had to fight for respect and my own dignity. I am a natural rebal, as if you were to tell me not to do something, I would in spite. The only problem with this is that I have been fighting for so long now, that I don't know how to stop, so everything becomes a huge battle with me.

6. I was a battered child. I don't put any of the blame for my own faults on it, but I was beaten badly by a stepfather when I was young. Since my mother left him, and my coming of age, he has tried to get back into our lives, and has tried to intimidate me on more than one occasion. I stood up to him and left him standing there looking pathetic. I didn't have to even hit him to make him look so bad. This is one of my shining moments and one of the many fears I have conquered.

7. I used to be deathly afraid of spiders, but have since conquered that fear too.

8. Obviously, I am very much in love with one of our fellow bloggers, and I my love for her is so strong that I would willingly give my life to save hers.

I don't know if this gives you any insight to who I am, or if it was entertaining, but at least now you know something more about me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

This is a truly amazing meme. I adore the mix of strong and soft in you, it makes for a more complete man. You should be proud of yourself for standing up to abuse. I'm working on it.

If you love her, what are you waiting for? (gentle nudge...)

11:03 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

pinky - Thank you for that. I am proud of standing up to him, but even more proud of doing it in a non violent way. It made me feel good to let him know he could no longer intimidate me without violence.

As far as she goes, she knows that I love her, and she knows how far I'll go for her. I have known her for several years and have tried to be there for her as much as possible. I'm gonna stop now because I could literally go on and on all day about her and never get tired :)

Thanks again for your wonderful comment. It has made my day just that much brighter!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home