Thursday, September 07, 2006

Vengeance

In my time, I used to write what a lot of people told me was good poetry.

Now, I don't know if it really is good or not, but I keep it because it represents how I was feeling during a particular time in my life....even the darker stuff.

With this being said, I am going to share with you one of my darker pieces, which I think may be one of my better ones.

This comes from a very dark time in my life. A time in which I'm afraid I would have taken someone elses life or my own at the drop of a hat. This is from a time that I'm happy to say no longer exists for me. I have this as a reminder, and now I share it with you all.

I do hope you enjoy it.


"Vengeance"

He rises from the ashes of death,
a lust for blood in his eyes
an undeniable hunger in his soul.
He thirsts for revenge against those,
those who have wronged him.
From these ashes
a new being is created.
A being with only one name
Lost of all mortal passions and dreams.
He has but a sole purpose now...revenge.
He sheds his mortal name
and gives himself a new one.
He is now known as
Vengeance.

3 Comments:

Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

very dark.....but i like it.....who was the person you were seeking vengeance against?

9:36 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, I like this. I get the image of a dark pheonix rising up to seek vengence on the world. Very powerful.

2:33 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

redneckgirl - It was so long ago that I can't honestly remember who it was....lol!

pinky - I thought so too! I like it, but rewriting it, for some reason, it didn't sound as good as it used to. I still like it though.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home