Monday, October 16, 2006

The Weekend - Friday

The weekend posts will be split into 3 parts. Mainly because the atmosphere and attitude is different for all 3 days, and I don't want them getting all mixed up. Hopefully you'll read and enjoy, get mad, and feel empathetic all at the same time :)

As you all know, Friday was redneckgirls birthday. I had some fun little plans for her most of the day, and here's how it all went.

First, I wake up kind of early, and go to cash my check and get the first part of her gifts.

I get her 2 dozen pink roses, one dozen hot pink, and another dozen light pink. I get a vase to put them in and then arrange them so they look pretty in the vase. I also get her a card, and a jewelry box for all the jewelry she already has, and what I plan on getting her.

I get to her house, and we have some running to do, so we go together to do the running, but not before I presented her with the roses and the card. The jewelry box has to wait as I didn't have a chance to wrap it yet.

Her eyes lit up in a way that is indescribable. Kind of like the kid at Christmas, but so loving too. I have to say, I could live in that look forever :)

We do our running and have lunch at the Hometown Buffet. We both love a good buffet and theirs is good...lol.

Then we went to Meijers ( a local grocery/retail/general merchandise store for those who are unfamiliar with them), and did a little shopping there.

After we were done, it was time to pick up her children, so I went home and started getting ready for the romantic part of the evening.

She went to pick up her children and have cake that her sister and her oldest son made together, which, I have to say, was very sweet :)

So I shower and wrap her gift and get other things ready for the evening.

Then a little bit of a wrench was thrown into the plans.

I had made reservations at a nice restaurant for 8pm that evening, and by 7:30, I hadn't heard anything from her. At 7:45, I decided that we wouldn't make the reservations, so I came up with plan B.

I rushed to Krogers and bought food for the evening and started cooking it as soon as I got home.

She called about as soon as I walked through the door, and I had to find some way to stall her. I lied that I wanted her to go get us a bottle of wine, even though I had already picked one up earlier.

Naturally, she called me on it, and I said I had drank it all. She really didn't wanna go to the store without me, and before she even went, I told her I was sending her because I was in the middle of preparing her surprise.

During this whole time, I was rushing to get the meal cooked and ready for her.

She got back with the wine much sooner than I had expected, and said she needed to get ready. She apologized for taking so long, but her youngest didn't want her to leave...lol.

I had her cover her eyes while she went through the house so she wouldn't see anything, and she proceeded to the bathroom to get ready.

I finished cooking, then brought out the wine and some candles. I ended up making spaghetti, with a little side salad, a nice wine to drink with it, and cheesecake for dessert.

I had it all set out by candlelight with a CD of our songs playing for ambience.

We ate, then I had her wait in the living room as I prepared the cheesecake with one canle on a topper that had Happy Birthday playing on it. She then made a wish and blew out her candle.

Then we went back into the living room, and I let her open her jewelry box. She commented on my wrapping job, and the fact I used 2 bows on it instead of 1. She taught me well about that, what can I say....lol!

When she unwrapped the jewelry box, she was immediately in love with it, telling how beautiful it was and how it complimented the wood on her dresser.

Then we got into my truck and went downtown. Once there, we found a place to park, and we had a 30 minute carriage ride around the downtown area, follwed by a romantic walk on the waterfront.

We then went back home and called it an evening.

I think her eyes and the looks she gave me tell the whole story. I'm positive she had a wonderful birthday, and I'm glad I could contribute as much as I did :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I am just gushing over her with girly thoughts. You are SO romantic! Oh, I would just faint if someone did all that for me. Lord knows I love my husband, but he never remembers my birthday.

Wow, just wow.

9:29 AM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

It was a beautiful night and a wondermus birthday! Thank you....thank you......thank you!!!!!! You are so wonderful and romantic.....I am a lucky gal!!! Thank you again!!!!!!!!!

10:10 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

pinky - hopefully my actions will prompt some men into doing romantic things for the women they love. I understand your hubby took a day off work and you two had a date. I'm glad he did that, because I feel you are deserving of that from him. He's a lucky guy :)

redneckgirl - I couldn't have done any of it without you baby!

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home