Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A "Super" Weekend!!!

Well, it really was a super weekend. Saturday wasn't so good in the daytime...actually, it was kinda boring. Then Saturday night happened. The Love of My Life came and picked me up and we went to Applebees for dinner. We both had steak and it was a very romantic dinner. We haven't had one like that in quite awhile :)

After dinner, we went to the theater and saw Superman Returns. Throughout most of the movie I had my arm around her and she was snuggled in close to me. The movie was awesome!!! The guy who plays Superman nails the part head on. The Love of My Life and I looked at each other in awe as he spoke for the first time, and we were both thinking how eerie it was that he sounded like Christopher Reeve.

I must say that the movie, as awesome as it was, would not have been half as much fun, or half as great as it was without her there. It was her presence, that closeness we shared, that made it the best movie experience ever!

Then, after the movie, we drove home, discussing the movie in detail, and laughing and still enjoying the company of each other.

She came in after we got back to my house and we talked some more before she had to go home. I have to say, it truly was the best date I have ever been on, and I hope I get to do it again very soon :)

Sunday was also wonderful as well. The Love of My Life woke me with a phone call, and we talked for awhile. Then, she asked me if I wanted to come over and help her do yardwork. I said yes, but I have a feeling she thought I wouldn't show. The look of surprise on both her face, and her mothers face showed me that.

I helped her mow the lawn and do the trimming. Then we got something to eat and just hung out for awhile again, this time with her mom and her sister. I enjoy spending time with her family as well. Everyone is such a different character, but each one is fun to be around.

Her and I went grocery shopping, then we parted ways again, and I drove around town for awhile just enjoying the rest of the sunlight.

After the sun set, I went home and talked with the roomie for awhile about her weekend, saw her crooked sunburn (LOL!!!), ate dinner, then went to bed.

It was a very active, romantic, and just plain fun weekend. I need to have more of those :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a great time too. The movie and the company was amazing!

9:52 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

LOL! Who you tellin'? ;)

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home