Friday, June 02, 2006

Close Call

I was on my way home from work last night, obviously not paying attention to my speed, and I passed a cop car with his lights out, lying in wait for unsuspecting speeders like myself.

I was doing about 60MPH in a 45, and as soon as I saw him, I tried to slow down, but it wasn't enough. Out of my rearview mirror, I couldn't see him turning around, but I had a feeling.

I had not been wearing my seatbelt at the time, but that definitely made me remember to put it on at exactly that time.

So, I'm driving down the road, and I see a set of headlights approaching me, and they were coming up quick. It was the cop, no doubt about it.

I held to the speed limit while he tailed me. Apparently, I must have hit the yellow line more than he would have liked because I soon saw the blue and reds.

I pulled over and he did the obligitory cop thing by focusing his spotlight right into my mirror and blinding me while he approached.

He came up to the car and asked for my license, registration, and insurance. I gave them to him and he looked them over, then proceeded to tell me that he pulled me over because he originally had me for speeding, and that I hit the yellow lines a little too often.

He then asked if I had been drinking, and I told him no. He asked where I was coming from, and I told him I had just left work. Then he asked if we were still busy, and what time I went in, and what time I usually get off of work.

I answered his questions, and he said he didn't smell any alcohol on me, and said he would let me off with a warning, and for me to slow down.

I thanked him and went on my way. That's what I call a close one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't get a ticket.

you should have already been wearing your seat belt :-)

9:15 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

I know I should have, but I forgot at the time. I am getting better at remembering though :)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home