Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Seatbelts

Let me say this...I know setbelts save lives. I do.

However, I find it hard to remember to do so every time I get into my truck. One of the only ways I remember is if the Love of My Life reminds me, which she does whenever we get into any vehicle together.

It's not that I have a death wish....I don't. I just have a hard time remembering to buckle up.

That, and I don't like being told what to do. Now that it is a law, it makes me want to break it even more. I know, rebellious as hell...lol.

I don't like people telling me I absolutely "have" to do something because I know that by succumbing to their demands, I will be letting them order me around, and that isn't freedom.

I have always felt that a person should be free to make their own decisions, so it angered me when they made seatbelts a law.

However, I also know I need to change that outlook, especially if the future turns out the way I would like. I guess you would need to be around to have a future, and since I am wanting the rest of my life with the Love of My Life, I should be less rebellious and more thoughtful of my life and the lives of others.

I have promised that I would try to give the seatbelt issue, particularly the part where I need to be buckling up, more attention.

I also need to make sure the others are working properly, and definitely get them fixed if they aren't.

Wish me luck in this, as I need all I can get to overcome this issue.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok you lil' rebel....let's think about this.....hmmmm....other people telling you what to do to keep you ALIVE....hell yeah it should be a law.....get over it and buckle up!

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking my survey!

Have a good day!

1:02 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

redneckgirl, thanks for the words of wisdom. I am getting over it, and am remembering more and more to wear it daily :)

chrissie, thanks for thanking me :)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home