Wednesday, October 12, 2005

My Family

Most people don't know how great a family they have until one of them is gone forever. I am one of the lucky people, as I know I have a great family, despite each of their individual flaws.

My mother is absolutely the best. Her and I have our differences about money, and especially about the money I owe her, but overall, she is one of the most giving people I know, and she constantly puts up with any shit I try to give her. Who could ask for a better mom than that?

I have 2 sisters, both younger than me. I never really knew how lucky I was to have them until we all moved out, and I didn't have to see them every day.

The oldest of the two definitely has middle child syndrome, but, I really wouldn't have her any other way. She is the mother of both my nephews, and they are the cutest little guys I ever saw...except the one who knows he is...lol. She's way too into money, and it's by far way too important that she have so much of it that she loses part of her own life with it, but that's just how she was brought up. I think that she does the best she can as a mother, and even though she doesn't think I like her, I hope she knows I love her.

The youngest is an apple from a different tree. She has her own way about her, which used to bug me to death when we were living at home. However, she and I have gotten extremely close, and I hang out with her and her boyfriend all the time. She's what you might call spunky, but very judgemental as well. However, that judgemental quality doesn't interfere with her experiences. She lives with her boyfriend, and I think the both were made for each other. They both try to come off as hardasses sometimes, but both have extremely large hearts, and a lot of compassion for others who aren't faring so well. You could say that as far as giving goes, they give what they can. I can't tell how many times they've fed me, or invited me to go out with them to the lake, or over to talk and watch movies. I also can't tell you how many times I've needed that, and how much it meant to me to have those invitations when they came. I love my sisters more than anything in the world, and hope we can get closer to one another.

My stepdad is a character. He's pretty funny, and although we practically hated one another when I lived at home, I've grown to appreciate who he is and even like him. He treats my mom pretty good, and even though he has deep issues of his own that he keeps private, I still think of him as the closest thing I had to a father.

As for me....I can't really say I've been the best son/brother/stepson/uncle. I don't do near as much as I should for my family, and I truly feel bad because I don't. I don't know if I'll ever be able to change that and be the person they all know I should and can be, but I can say I'll try, because I love my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home