Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My Good Deed

I was on my way home from work tonight when I saw a car ahead of me, with his flashers on. At the time, I didn't realize his headlights didn't work, so I passed him up, not thinking anything about it. I then cast my glance to the rearview mirror, and I see he has no lights. Now anyone that has driven the Gene Snyder at night in between Stonestreet and Dixie, knows they have absolutely no street lights there. After a minute, this thought kicks in, so I slow to a crawl and let him catch up with me. Then I make sure we stay side by side until he exits on Dixie. Maybe he was in the car wondering what the hell I was doing, but maybe he knew. Maybe he saw the gesture that I was offering of helping light the way for him in that path of darkness, and I'd like to think he might even have been grateful.

I'd like to think, however, that I may have helped save a life by helping light the way for him. Take care out there guy, wherever you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home