Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Redneck Wedding Part The Second

Ok...if you haven't read the first part, stop here and go read Hard2stop'sviews on this wedding, then come back here and we'll finish up this old honkey tonk shindig!

Ok, now that you've done that, I'll continue.

I'm not going to say anything about the wedding, as I think quite enough has been said on the subject by hard2stop....lol.

My big problem is with the reception and the DJ, especially the DJ!

After the wedding, we go into the reception hall, which is actually a gymnasium. I immediately felt like this was a homecoming dance or something.

We, meaning redneckgirl, hard2stop, and myself find ourselves a seat, and we wait. The DJ started playing songs, and almost every one was a sad country song about a loss, or losing the one you love. Not very appropriate for a wedding if you ask me, but, you didn't.

Then, this DJ starts playing parts of songs, and it turns out, she was doing the sound check at that very moment. Now pardon me for saying, but I don't find it professional that the DJ was doing a sound test and equalizing her speakers during the actual reception. I find it very unprofessional.

Also, the equipment was kind of shoddy, and for every problem, the DJ and her assistant said to spit on the equipment and it would fix it.....I "told" you this was redneck!!!

So then, the happy couple comes in, and the buffet line, if that's what you really wanna call it, starts with no signals, no announcements....nothing!

After the eating was done, the bride and groom had their first dance. Then the DJ started playing some typical wedding type things. After some time, they had the dance with the parents. Then it was back to other stuff again. If planning and coordination were brains, the DJ would have been left out in the cold. She had none!

Then the karaoke started. Each of us sang a song, and we were probably the best there.

We talked about our escape long before it happened, but I was finally happy to break free. As a celebration of our new found freedom, we went to tumbleweed to celebrate with some eats and big margaritas for the ladies (I had coke).

Then, we went to the bar....which is a whole other story, which will be listed above :)

1 Comments:

Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

it was the weirdest wedding and reception i'd ever been to. i had to laugh....you know me.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home