Thursday, September 10, 2009

From Beyond the Grave!

On August 4th, we had some really bad storms come through town. I had never seen what a flash flood was or could really do until this storm ripped through town. I was in a bad part of town as far as the flooding was concerned. My car took water inside, and I had a power outage that claimed my TV. I had been watching one of the kids small 13" TV until about 2 weeks ago when I decided to spring for an HDTV. I couldn't handle watching the tiny screen any more. With the new TV, I needed to completely change the way my entertainment center looked because the TV wouldn't fit in the one I had. With that, I had decided I had way too many DVDs, so I went through a process of eliminating some from my collection. I came up with about 75 DVDs I no longer needed. I didn't want to just throw them out, so I took them to pawn shops trying to sell them.

Apparently, I had one there called Road to Perdition. I had inherited a bunch of movies from my friend Scott after he passed away. This was one of them but I had forgotten, because most of them were cheesy B-movie horror flicks. Brandy and I are standing in the pawn shop, and the woman is checking out the DVDs to see which they are willing to buy from me, and she hands me a picture of my friend Scott that was inside of the Road to Perdition DVD.

I couldn't believe it. It felt like he was telling me not to get rid of the movie, so I ended up keeping it. Kinda spooky if you ask me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
Keep doing!

3:13 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

Thanks! I appreciate that. I don't blog nearly as much as I used to.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home