Thursday, August 27, 2009

Concert Goers

So I know most of you have probably been to a concert or two in your lifetime. I've been to enough that I know the "rules" of the show. I have a huge problem with people who don't know the rules.

I bring this up because Brandy and I went to see Gary Allan perform on Tuesday at our state fair. I must say that together we've been to see Gary Allan a few times, and he just keeps getting better and better! If you haven't heard of Gary Allan, go look him up on Youtube or wherever you can hear some music for free...I'll wait.

Ok, so now that you're back, I'll get back to the story.

We're at the concert and there are certain unspoken "rules" to the event. For instance, as long as the house lights are on, the band is not performing. Yet, people always start screaming and yelling when they hear an instrument being tuned by the stage hands and start going crazy. This was especially annoying on Tuesday when we were there mainly due to these to wanna be cowgirls two seats down from us. They were pretty tore up and wearing their cowboy hats with feathers and other odd things in them. Every time one of the roadies started tuning a guitar, they would jump up and scream their heads off. House lights were on though.

Another set is the ones who hold their drinks up during the performance. They act as if the singer is going to stop performing right there, walk up th where they are sitting, and drink the drink being offered to them by the person. I think it would be funny if it actually happened...lol!

Another set of people who annoy me at concerts are the people who point at themselves. Why are you pointing at yourself? You didn't do anything and in a sea of 10,000 people, you won't get noticed by the band.

Then there are the people who high five each other. I happen to be guilty of this though at this concert. I was belting out the tune with the band, and the guy behind me must have been impressed because he grabbed me by the shoulder and the next thing I know...high five city. I was putting it all out there, because this is my favorite band of all time.

Then there are the people who don't know about the false finish. For those that don't know, the false finish is when the band plays their last song of the night and leaves the stage. However, the rule is that if the house lights are still down, the show isn't over and they are going to come back out for an encore of usually 2 or 3 more songs. It kills me to see people start to shuffle out the doors when this happens. I sit in my place, or stand, like I was Tuesday, and watch as these people miss the rest of the show. Then, when the audience has dwindled down, and the band comes back out, I enjoy the rest of the show. Basically, the show isn't over until the house lights come back up.

Anyways, that is my small rant that isn't really a rant. We had an awesome time and will plan on seeing him again soon :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I LOVE Gary Allen:)

7:26 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

You and me both!!!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home