Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!!!



Ah, Halloween! One of my favorite times of the year. I have always loved the scary aspect of Halloween and all the supernatural things that happen and especially the goings on and all the places that are supposed to be haunted that open for tours and such.

Above is a pic of one of my favorite scary attractions, Waverly Hills Sanitorium. Waverly is located right here in Louisville and sits atop a big hill. Just the approach to the building is intimidating. The building used to be a hospital for people with TB back when it was a really bad epidemic, and people say that if you were sent there, you were sent there to die.

No matter what others thought, many, many people died there before they were able to find a vaccine for TB.

They open the place up with a haunted house every year for Halloween and have guided tours all throughout the year.

I was going to this place since high school and it really is a creepy place at night, and especially unsupervised.




The picture above is yet another place that really intrigues me, called The Bell Witch Cave.

There is a local legend of a witch that had tortued a family for over 4 generations and ended up causing sickness and even death to the Bell family, whom the cave was named after, and the witch was known as the Bell Witch.

This cave is located near the Bell farm in Adams Tennessee. I hope to tour it one day.

I hope you all enjoyed these blurbs about these places. Google them if you wanna know more of their history, and feel free to let me know if you wanna talk about it, because I have a very strong fascination with both places.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

My husband and I drove all the way to Atchison, Kansas for our honeymoon because it's supposed to be one of the most haunted towns. Very cool place.

Luck you for having Waverly so close! I would LoVe to go there.

12:01 AM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Great post.....maybe I'll go with you to the bell cave :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

pinky - that sounds so cool. I love the effect haunted places have on me. I am lucky to be so close to Waverly (20 mins away at most), and if you ever wanna go, I'm sure redneckgirl and I could arrange a tour :)

mustangscarlett - 4th floor huh? Did you make a ghost mad....lol!!

redneckgirl - you'd really go with me to Bell Witch Cave? That's it...I'm taking you off the market for good. I am so lucky to have a woman like you :)

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home